- Alum Nick Barrows (who now works for EVS Broadcast Equipment) relaxing at the rink.
Nick Barrows's Photos
NBC Stanley Cup desk, waiting for everybody to show up.
- As the sun sets on campus, we give a friendly reminder:
Have you called your Dad yet?
Be it Father or a father figure, give him a call. Happy Father's Day from the New England School of Communications.
Husson, NESCom, and WVII ABC7/WFVX FOX 22 Enter 2013-2015 TV Partnership
Husson University Athletics, the New England School of Communications (NESCom), and WVII ABC7/WFVX FOX 22 have announced a two-year television partnership beginning in fall 2013. NESCom and WVII ABC7/WFVX FOX 22 will collaborate to broadcast five Husson contests in the fall and winter seasons—one fo...
- We love our little NESCom fans.
Here are twins Frankie (left) and Don (right) Veneziano, kids to NESCom alumna and NESCom adjunct faculty Jodi Veneziano.
If you're a graduate of the New England School of Communications, be sure to let us know if you have a new arrival so they can be a "NESCom baby".
NESCom Blog: Gracie Theatre to take “FLIGHT” this fall
FLIGHT, a unique aerial theatre piece by Pacific Performance Project/East will fly into the Gracie Theatre for a one-night-only performance on Saturday, September 27th at 7PM. Conceived, designed and directed by Steve Pearson and written by Robyn Hunt, FLIGHT tells the surprising and compelling stor...
- A journey of a thousand updates begins with a single box (or 5 in this case). Racks, power strips and utilities arrive for a rebuild & reconfiguration for the Electronic Music Technology & Sound Design lab.
Summer Updates 2013
The Dangers of Public WiFi | Visual.ly
Did you know that the majority of 26 million public Wi-Fi users are unaware that they’re open to hacking, identity theft and fraud?
- Students in the Bangor area during the summer should check out River City Cinema's annual free outdoor movies in Pickering Square. This summer, it's all about noir cinema.
The Return of ... NOIR BENEATH THE STARS
Join @[37427102175:274:River City Cinema] beginning June 28, 2013 as we present NOIR BENEATH THE STARS in Pickering Square in Downtown Bangor, Maine. It’s 6 Friday nights of the most memorable mugs, thugs, dolls and molls to ever hit the silver screen. It’s our 10th year of bringing al fresco movies to you, and we thought we’d revisit our very first theme.
Thank you to our Star Sponsor: @[139436812761017:274:Bangor Federal]!
Shows begin after sundown (around 8:30 or so—you’ll have plenty of time for dinner at any one of Bangor’s fine eateries). Don’t forget your lawn chairs and a sweater. Admission is FREE, and cheap concessions are available.
June 28 — ”The Maltese Falcon”
July 5 — ”Notorious”
July 12 — ”The Lady from Shanghai”
July 19 — ”Kiss Me Deadly”
July 26 — ”Cape Fear”
August 2 — ”Who Framed Roger Rabbit?”
(rain date August 9)
More details coming soon!
Join River City Cinema beginning June 28, 2013 as we present NOIR BENEATH THE STARS in Pickering Square in Downtown Bangor, Maine. It’s 6 Friday nights of the most memorable mugs, thugs, dolls and molls to ever hit the silver screen. It’s our 10th year of bringing al fresco movies to you, and we thought we’d revisit our very first theme. Thank you to our Star Sponsor: Bangor Federal Credit Union! Shows begin after sundown (around 8:30 or so—you’ll have plenty of time for dinner at any one of Bangor’s fine eateries). Don’t forget your lawn chairs and a sweater. Admission is FREE, and cheap concessions are available. June 28—”The Maltese Falcon” July 5—”Notorious” July 12—”The Lady from Shanghai” July 19—”Kiss Me Deadly” July 26—”Cape Fear” August 2—”Who Framed Roger Rabbit?” (rain date August 9) More details coming soon!
"...the Shadow knows"
Students from around the world come to NESCom for its specialized program in Communications. Students that attend NESCom are passionate about the field of Communications. All applicants’ are required to have a personal interview and tour of the campus. This allows students to see first hand what NESCom is all about. From the campus and curriculum to the friendly personalities of students and staff. Check us out for yourself by scheduling a personal tour or an Open House.
Applying for Admission for Fall 2013
NESCom has a rolling admissions policy, which allows applications to be reviewed as the applicant’s file is completed. Because we have limited enrollment, students are urged to apply early. You can either apply online or print out an application and mail it to us.
For Admission for Fall 2013 the following admission requirements are:
1. Application for admission
2. Official high school transcript with a GPA of 2.0 or higher
3. Two letters of recommendation
4. College interview including placement test
5. Official SAT, ACT, or TOEFL scores will be considered advantageous to the application process if submitted.
SAT College Code: 3101
ACT College Code: 1651
Transfer Students – Must also submit official college transcripts from institution attended.
International Students – Must also submit appropriate immigration paperwork and TOEFL or IELTS test scores.
TOEFL College Code: 2449
Look what’s coming soon!
In the fall of 2014, the New England School of Communications is planning to become a school within Husson University*. We are excited about the new educational opportunities this offers to our campus, while maintaining NESCom’s hands-on, experiential academic programming.
If you are applying for Fall 2014 admission or beyond:
• You will be enrolled as a full-fledged student as Husson!
• SAT or ACT scores will be required for admission to all programs.
• NESCom will no longer require a placement test for admission purposes, but will require students to take both math and English placement tests for correct placement into classes.
• NESCom will continue to have it’s own school code for financial aid until the integration process is completed. Please make sure you use code 016619 when filing your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
*Subject to approval by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.