- FYI: the NESCom Financial Aid office will be under construction tomorrow. They will have access to email but no phones.
- The latest addition to the NESCom Audio Engineering studio: a Steinway & Sons Grand Piano. Look for pictures later this week.
- Alum Nick Barrows (who now works for EVS Broadcast Equipment) relaxing at the rink.
Nick Barrows's Photos
NBC Stanley Cup desk, waiting for everybody to show up.
- As the sun sets on campus, we give a friendly reminder:
Have you called your Dad yet?
Be it Father or a father figure, give him a call. Happy Father's Day from the New England School of Communications.
Husson, NESCom, and WVII ABC7/WFVX FOX 22 Enter 2013-2015 TV Partnership
Husson University Athletics, the New England School of Communications (NESCom), and WVII ABC7/WFVX FOX 22 have announced a two-year television partnership beginning in fall 2013. NESCom and WVII ABC7/WFVX FOX 22 will collaborate to broadcast five Husson contests in the fall and winter seasons—one fo...
- We love our little NESCom fans.
Here are twins Frankie (left) and Don (right) Veneziano, kids to NESCom alumna and NESCom adjunct faculty Jodi Veneziano.
If you're a graduate of the New England School of Communications, be sure to let us know if you have a new arrival so they can be a "NESCom baby".
NESCom Blog: Gracie Theatre to take “FLIGHT” this fall
FLIGHT, a unique aerial theatre piece by Pacific Performance Project/East will fly into the Gracie Theatre for a one-night-only performance on Saturday, September 27th at 7PM. Conceived, designed and directed by Steve Pearson and written by Robyn Hunt, FLIGHT tells the surprising and compelling stor...
- A journey of a thousand updates begins with a single box (or 5 in this case). Racks, power strips and utilities arrive for a rebuild & reconfiguration for the Electronic Music Technology & Sound Design lab.
Summer Updates 2013
The Dangers of Public WiFi | Visual.ly
Did you know that the majority of 26 million public Wi-Fi users are unaware that they’re open to hacking, identity theft and fraud?
List of local accommodations
The New England School of Communications is located in Bangor, Maine’s third largest city. Bangor lies at the center of Maine’s higher education core. In addition to NESCom, other colleges and universities within a 50 mile radius include Husson University, the University of Maine, Maine Maritime Academy, College of the Atlantic, Unity College, Beal College, Eastern Maine Community College, Thomas College, and Colby College. For more information about Bangor link to the following websites:
Helpful Websites about Bangor, Maine
- Bangor, Maine - Official Site
- Bangor Area Transportation (BAT) - public transportation
- Downtown Bangor
- Bangor Chamber of Commerce
- Bangor Daily News
- Map of Bangor
- Bangor Weather
- Bangor Airport
- WLBZ Television Station
- Bangor Public Library
Following are some of the community and religious resources you will find in Bangor, Maine.
- Eastern Maine Medical Center 973-7000
- St. Joseph's Hospital 947-8311
- Maine Assoc. of Handicapped Persons 942-8882
- Poison Control Center - Northern New England 1-800-222-1222
- Alcoholics Anonymous 941-8326
- Bangor District Court
- Emergency 911
- Rape Crisis Center 989-5679
- Spruce Run 947-0496
- Community Health & Counseling 947-0366
- Gay Crisis Hotline 1-800-221-7044
- Beth Abraham Synagogue, 945-3433, 145 York Street, Bangor
- Columbia Street Baptist Church, 945-6616, 63 Columbia Street, Bangor
- First Church of Christ Scientist, 947-7421, 118 Harlow Street, Bangor
- East Orrington Congregational Church, 825-3404, 38 Johnson Mill Road, Orrington
- Latter Day Saints, 942-7677, 639 Grandview Avenue, Bangor
- All Souls Congregational, 942-7354, 10 Broadway, Bangor
- Abundant Life Pentecostal Church, 945-5577, 263 Texas Avenue, Bangor
- Pilgrim Orthodox Presbyterian, 942-8054, 375 Mt. Hope Avenue, Bangor
- St. George Greek Orthodox Church, 945-9588, 90 Sanford Street, Bangor
- Seventh Day Adventist, 848-2331, Route 2, Hermon
- First United Methodist Church, 945-9567, 703 Essex Street, Bangor
- St. Mary's Catholic Church, 945-5018, 754 Ohio Street, Bangor
- Unitarian Universalist Church, 947-7009, 120 Park Street, Bangor
- St. John's Episcopal Church, 947-0156, 234 French Street, Bangor
This is only a sample listing. For more information, stop by the Chaplain's Office in Room 206 Peabody Hall.