- Students: Wondering when your final exams are? Check the complete final exams schedule here
NESCom Fall 2013 Final Exams Schedule
- Husson University Student Activities presents Craig Campbell at the Gracie Theatre on February 15th at 8PM. NESCom and Husson University students get first dibs on tickets this Thursday night at 11:59PM at the Gracie box office! Join the Student Activities crew for Midnight Mania giveaways and fun!
For more info, check out Husson University Student Activities.
Craig Campbell - Fish (Official Music Video)
The official music video for Craig Campbell's new, hit single, "Fish." Featuring World Fishing Network's Mariko Izumi. Follow Craig on Twitter: https://twitt...
- Reminder to all students: Applications for the NESCom scholarships are due by Friday. A few minutes applying could turn into scholarship funds!
To get more information on the scholarships, check your NESCom email.
- More behind the scenes footage from the Tale of the Three Brothers will be coming soon but in the meantime, enjoy this time lapse of shoot #5!
The Tale of the Three Brothers - 5th Shoot Time Lapse
A time lapse video of the 5th shoot for the Tale of the Three Brothers. 2,994 pictures in total, taken in 10-second intervals. 8.3166 hours elapsed total. Th...
- Variety has named NESCom alum Aron Gaudet and his wife Gita Pullapilly as one of this year’s 10 directors to watch!
Variety Announces This Year's 10 Directors to Watch
At a time when many have criticized the entertainment industry for the absence of female directors, it’s worth noting that five of the 11 directors on the list (one entry consists of a pair) are wo...
- Happy Thanksgiving from the NESCom family to yours.
- As the sun sets on campus, we'd like to wish our Jewish students, faculty and staff a happy Chanukah season.
- Shooting for the Tale of the Three Brothers is over and students are already hard at work on compositing and effects.
List of local accommodations
The New England School of Communications is located in Bangor, Maine’s third largest city. Bangor lies at the center of Maine’s higher education core. In addition to NESCom, other colleges and universities within a 50 mile radius include Husson University, the University of Maine, Maine Maritime Academy, College of the Atlantic, Unity College, Beal College, Eastern Maine Community College, Thomas College, and Colby College. For more information about Bangor link to the following websites:
Helpful Websites about Bangor, Maine
- Bangor, Maine - Official Site
- Bangor Area Transportation (BAT) - public transportation
- Downtown Bangor
- Bangor Chamber of Commerce
- Bangor Daily News
- Map of Bangor
- Bangor Weather
- Bangor Airport
- WLBZ Television Station
- Bangor Public Library
Following are some of the community and religious resources you will find in Bangor, Maine.
- Eastern Maine Medical Center 973-7000
- St. Joseph's Hospital 947-8311
- Maine Assoc. of Handicapped Persons 942-8882
- Poison Control Center - Northern New England 1-800-222-1222
- Alcoholics Anonymous 941-8326
- Bangor District Court
- Emergency 911
- Rape Crisis Center 989-5679
- Spruce Run 947-0496
- Community Health & Counseling 947-0366
- Gay Crisis Hotline 1-800-221-7044
- Beth Abraham Synagogue, 945-3433, 145 York Street, Bangor
- Columbia Street Baptist Church, 945-6616, 63 Columbia Street, Bangor
- First Church of Christ Scientist, 947-7421, 118 Harlow Street, Bangor
- East Orrington Congregational Church, 825-3404, 38 Johnson Mill Road, Orrington
- Latter Day Saints, 942-7677, 639 Grandview Avenue, Bangor
- All Souls Congregational, 942-7354, 10 Broadway, Bangor
- Abundant Life Pentecostal Church, 945-5577, 263 Texas Avenue, Bangor
- Pilgrim Orthodox Presbyterian, 942-8054, 375 Mt. Hope Avenue, Bangor
- St. George Greek Orthodox Church, 945-9588, 90 Sanford Street, Bangor
- Seventh Day Adventist, 848-2331, Route 2, Hermon
- First United Methodist Church, 945-9567, 703 Essex Street, Bangor
- St. Mary's Catholic Church, 945-5018, 754 Ohio Street, Bangor
- Unitarian Universalist Church, 947-7009, 120 Park Street, Bangor
- St. John's Episcopal Church, 947-0156, 234 French Street, Bangor
This is only a sample listing. For more information, stop by the Chaplain's Office in Room 206 Peabody Hall.