- Two different views of the LA Marathon: '99 alumna Liz Covert ran as part of a relay team for Team Kitten Rescue and her husband Todd ran the full marathon. Meanwhile '01 alumnus Stephon Litwinczuk shot the marathon as part of his work with the American Indian Community Council.
- Students: Are you from NH and studying Video Production or Radio Broadcasting? You should look into the scholarship offered by the New Hampshire Association of Broadcasters.
New Hampshire Association of Broadcasters -- job bank, history, post your resume, station news
Applications are now available for the 2014-2015 NHAB Student Broadcaster Scholarship Program. To be eligible, students must be permanent residents of New Hampshire, and in the process of enrolling, or are currently enrolled, as a full-time student at an accredited institution of higher learning wit...
Maine school of communications raises profile in recording artistry | The Portland Press Herald...
Expertise and cutting-edge technology draw award-winning writers of songs and stories to Bangor for audio or visual treatment of their work.
- Watch the trailer for Beneath The Harvest Sky, the new movie from alum Aron Gaudet and Gita Pullapilly.
Beneath the Harvest Sky - Movie Trailers - iTunes
Casper (Emory Cohen – THE PLACE BEYOND THE PINES) and Dominic (Callan McAuliffe – THE GREAT GATSBY) have been fiercely loyal friends since childhood. Desperate for a way out of their quiet town on the Maine-Canada border, the boys make a pact to pool their earnings on a car and hit the road. But whe...
- More helpful tips from SALT.
SALT: TALKING TO ROOMMATES ABOUT MONEY
Talking about financial issues with a roommate can be tricky, but if you communicate openly and politely about bills, rent, and other money-related concerns, you'll set your entire house up for success.
NESCOM Students Produce Film Based on Popular Book Series
NESCOM Students Produce Film Based on Popular Book Series - Local News BANGOR - It's based off of a book and these students are spending time outside of the classroom to put it all together.
- Heads up on the next NESCom SPJ meeting
The next meeting of the NESCom chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists will be Thursday, March 6th at 6:30PM in WCC205.
- After shooting wraps, the work continues through spring 2014 in the NESCom short film adaptation of the Tale of the Three Brothers, written by J.K. Rowling as Beedle The Bard. For full details on the dil,. visit www.nescom.edu/threebrothers
The Tale of the Three Brothers: Post Production
After shooting wraps, the work continues through spring 2014 in the NESCom short film adaptation of the Tale of the Three Brothers, written by J.K. Rowling as Beedle The Bard. For full details on the dil,. visit www.nescom.edu/threebrothers
- Assistant Professor Scott Loiselle of NESCom Audio Engineering will hold a free clinic on Electronic Music on Wednesday at 6PM in the NESCom Audio Studio. The clinic is free and open to ALL students who are interested.
NESCom Blog: Scott Loiselle To Host Free Electronic Music Clinic
Audio Engineering Assistant Professor Scott Loiselle will host an Electronic Music Clinic for students on Wednesday, February 26th in the NESCom Audio Studio at 6PM. The clinic is free and open to all students.
List of local accommodations
The New England School of Communications is located in Bangor, Maine’s third largest city. Bangor lies at the center of Maine’s higher education core. In addition to NESCom, other colleges and universities within a 50 mile radius include Husson University, the University of Maine, Maine Maritime Academy, College of the Atlantic, Unity College, Beal College, Eastern Maine Community College, Thomas College, and Colby College. For more information about Bangor link to the following websites:
Helpful Websites about Bangor, Maine
- Bangor, Maine - Official Site
- Bangor Area Transportation (BAT) - public transportation
- Downtown Bangor
- Bangor Chamber of Commerce
- Bangor Daily News
- Map of Bangor
- Bangor Weather
- Bangor Airport
- WLBZ Television Station
- Bangor Public Library
Following are some of the community and religious resources you will find in Bangor, Maine.
- Eastern Maine Medical Center 973-7000
- St. Joseph's Hospital 947-8311
- Maine Assoc. of Handicapped Persons 942-8882
- Poison Control Center - Northern New England 1-800-222-1222
- Alcoholics Anonymous 941-8326
- Bangor District Court
- Emergency 911
- Rape Crisis Center 989-5679
- Spruce Run 947-0496
- Community Health & Counseling 947-0366
- Gay Crisis Hotline 1-800-221-7044
- Beth Abraham Synagogue, 945-3433, 145 York Street, Bangor
- Columbia Street Baptist Church, 945-6616, 63 Columbia Street, Bangor
- First Church of Christ Scientist, 947-7421, 118 Harlow Street, Bangor
- East Orrington Congregational Church, 825-3404, 38 Johnson Mill Road, Orrington
- Latter Day Saints, 942-7677, 639 Grandview Avenue, Bangor
- All Souls Congregational, 942-7354, 10 Broadway, Bangor
- Abundant Life Pentecostal Church, 945-5577, 263 Texas Avenue, Bangor
- Pilgrim Orthodox Presbyterian, 942-8054, 375 Mt. Hope Avenue, Bangor
- St. George Greek Orthodox Church, 945-9588, 90 Sanford Street, Bangor
- Seventh Day Adventist, 848-2331, Route 2, Hermon
- First United Methodist Church, 945-9567, 703 Essex Street, Bangor
- St. Mary's Catholic Church, 945-5018, 754 Ohio Street, Bangor
- Unitarian Universalist Church, 947-7009, 120 Park Street, Bangor
- St. John's Episcopal Church, 947-0156, 234 French Street, Bangor
This is only a sample listing. For more information, stop by the Chaplain's Office in Room 206 Peabody Hall.