- NESCom EXPO - 2014 EP Students along with all of the other NESCom Concentrations staged a trade show for Husson Students and Faculty in the Student Center on March 18. A great way to show off who we are to the entire Husson population. Thanks to all the EP Students for their great work!
- NESCom Entertainment Production Assistant Professor Brave Williams Designs New Set for "The Nite Show"
“The Nite Show” to move taping from Brewer to Husson’s Gracie Theatre
Dan Cashman of “The Nite Show” on WABI-TV saw how much room he and his crew had to play with when they did a three-show stand at the Bangor Opera House last November. Going into his fourth year as host of the Bangor-based late night talk show, he knew it was time to think about […]
- The 4th annual “Edgar Allan Poe’s Tale of Mystery and Imagination”, which aired in October of 2013, won third place in the Locally Produced Program category of the BEA Awards. The annual tradition which revisits the days of radio theater, highlights the work of Poe with classic radio theatre and live-performed sound effects. This is not the first time the “Poe Show” has been recognized. The show has earned an award from the Broadcast Education Association each year. This year's stories featured "The Marque of the Red Death" and "The Pit and the Pendulum".
- Students with country music artist Craig Campbell following his performance at the the Gracie Theatre.
Bob Barnhart: Lighting The Super Bowl XLVIII Halftime Show
One of the most challenging Super Bowl Halftime Shows, this year’s issues began before the February 2, 2014 date of the game, but started weeks before when the crew found themselves programming in the snow. “We had to design the show around potentially terrible weather conditions,” says lighting des...
- EP brings FORBIDDEN BROADWAY to the Gracie Stage! On Feb. 1st the EP Students worked the touring production of FORBIDDEN BROADWAY, the acclaimed satirical revue show that pokes loving fun at Broadway Musicals. Our students were responsible for loading in the sets, creating an extensive lighting plot and assisting with the stage management of over 200 costumes and props. It was a great chance for the students to add to their resumes and to work with creative and skilled professionals. Fun show! Great experience!
- We are happy to report that for the 4th year in a row, the NESCom old-time radio drama has won an award. This time it's 3rd place in Comedy or Drama in the national Broadcast Education Associations Festival of Media Arts. This is a joint venture between NESCom's Radio Program, the Entertainment Production program and Live Sound.
Comedy or Drama category:
3rd Place: Students of the New England School of Communications, New England School of Communications; Edgar Allan Poe's Tales of Mystery and Imagination 2013
Congrats to all the students and staff who made the '13 installment of "The Poe Show" a success!
- For Brave Williams Event Design class, students were tasked with creating a tableau for a play or event. They could only use props, equipment and scenic items that were available in the Gracie Theatre, and had only three hours to set up the scene and take it down. They chose to do Our Town. The project may appear simple and easy but there proved to be some interesting design challenges. Great job, it looks super!
Lion In Winter
This new degree program is designed to educate students for career opportunities that exist in the many fields of the entertainment industry. The curriculum focuses on professional design, technology and management skills that are needed "behind the scenes", rather than on performance.
Core disciplines associated with theatre and the performing arts are employed by many other communications industries throughout the world. As an example, design and construction techniques used in theatre are employed in everything from trade shows to shopping malls, fashion shows, exhibits and even political rallies.
A variety of entertainment venues require professionals who can design and operate today’s entertainment technologies, as well as manage events and performance facilities. Entertainment Production is a hands-on, industry-wide training program for this exciting and creative field.