- TGIF. Looking for something to do? Husson University Theatre presents "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead" by Tom Stoppard. Performed, Directed and Designed by students. Friday and Sat. at 7, Sunday at 2:00. $5.00!
- Need a scholarship? PRSSA has plenty for you to consider.
PRSSA Scholarships and Competitions for public relations students
Each year, PRSSA offers more than $20,000 in scholarships for public relations students who achieve academic and professional excellence.
- Here are some jobs for you to contemplate. One day...
20 job openings in the PR and marketing world
Looking for the road to employment? Hang a right at ‘Sesame Street.’ While you're out, stop off at Peet’s, too, but not just to grab coffee. That, and more, in this week’s roundup.
- How would you like a $10,000 scholarship? All you have to do is create an original artwork greeting card that is selected as the winner of this contest. Easy peasy!
- It's tonight! Do you have your tickets yet? You can get tickets at the door and it helps kids who have cancer. PRSSA Husson/Nescom students have done an amazing job of pulling together this benefit concert.
- A local company is looking for a Paul Bunyanesque spokesperson. Do you or someone you know have what it takes?
Spread the word! We are in search of a modern day Paul Bunyan! #searchforpaul
- The Carnival Cruise info session is at 6:30 tonight in room 205 for anyone interested in a job on the high seas!
- SOCIAL MEDIA SEMINAR: TWITTER & VINE
Thurs., April 10
Machias Savings Bank
Twitter combined with video -- a great way to engage your followers, build brand awareness, and convert new customers. Attend this free seminar, presented by Cintia Miranda, President of
Pulse Marketing Agency, to learn how to:
RSVP at 947-0307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Linear, a Bangor-based web and graphic design business, is looking for an intern. The ideal candidate for an internship position here will have knowledge of Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite. See Bill or Nancy to get more information.
Linear | We Love What You Do
Linear is a full service creative group in Bangor, Maine. We offer web design, graphic design, commercial photography, video production, and social media management services.
Marketing Communication is the coordination of companies' communication and marketing programs to create a consistent image and position in the marketplace. The program teaches students countless ways to communicate with multiple and diverse audiences.
This interdisciplinary program includes courses in marketing, advertising, public relations, graphic design, social media, and market research. Elective courses consist of video production, web design, digital photography, search engine optimization and business. Practical preparation allows students to work with actual clients to develop promotional campaigns, logos, posters, and advertisements to promote goods and services. Students can join Public Relations Student Society of America a national organization that offers conferences, internships, and jobs.
Students complete the program with a customized toolbox of communication skills and a professional portfolio that will allow them to pursue careers as advertising account managers, digital media strategists, engagement coordinators, public relations specialists, marketing associates, and social media directors.
Graduates have found that the diversity of the program has allowed them to be more marketable. They are able to open their own agency, be a one-person operation in a small business, or a specialist in a large company with the versatility to pitch in other areas when needed.