- United Way of Eastern Maine has two job openings and LL Bean has an opening too. Who says there aren't opportunities in Maine?
Careers Center - Mobile Marketing Analyst
L.L.Bean is currently searching for a Mobile Marketing Analyst to join our E-Commerce Department in Freeport, Maine. This position reports to the Mobile Marketing Manager and is new to the organization. An exciting and critical opportunity to help shape the developing mobile footprint within L.L.B...
- Here's a $5,000 scholarship.
The Broke-Ass Student Scholarship Contest
Have you ever sold bodily fluids for money? Do you have enough money for Cup o' Noodle but not enough for a microwave? Do you have a system for wearing underwear for 10 days straight before washing it because you don't want to spend $2.50 on laundry? Then you, my friend, are a broke-ass college stud...
- For those of us missing The Office.
8 PR lessons from ‘The Office’ | Articles | Home
The NBC comedy series may be drawing to a close this week, but there’s no doubt it’s going to leave a lasting impression. ‘That’s what she said.’
- The deadline for the Young & Free Spokester job is next week. Only a few people have applied so the odds are in your favor.
- This networking event will include 29 Boston PR firms. It sounds like a great networking opportunity and you support a good cause too!
Boston PRoud – an evening to raise money for The One Fund Boston
It’s time for the Greater Boston Public Relations community to come together! Leave the competition at the office, come for some laughs, see some old friends and colleagues, and support a great cause at Boston PRoud - an evening to raise money for The One Fund Boston. More than 30 Boston-area public...
- Congratulations to all our graduates!
Congratulations to the New England School of Communications class of 2013. All photos by Nick Young.
- Congratulations to those students graduating today especially Mkt Com'ers Ally, Beth, Brittany, Chelsea, Dennis, Kimberly, Leah, and Mary. Way to go!!
- That low flying helicopter you'll hear at 11 today will be Businessman Richard Dyke arriving to speak at a luncheon at the Dyke Center for Family Business. One lucky attendee will actually get a ride in the helicopter. Will it be you?
- 12 mornings=3 credits!
It's not too late to enroll in Graphic Design for Print I during May term. It will run M-F 9-12:30 from May 13-28. Just contact Anne or Daina to sign up.
Knowing how to design, create, and launch a marketing campaign for a target audience is vital in this demanding communication field. Whether it's selling a product, service or image, every organization needs well qualified, creative individuals who can plan an effective communications strategy, capturing buyer's attention.
At NESCom, students who choose the marketing communications concentration are trained in public relations, advertising, graphic design, digital photography, and video production. More importantly, they use their marketing skills and strategies to help actual clients promote goods and services.
Through a hands-on approach you will gain perspective on a broad range of mediums. From creating marketing plans, public relations strategies,writing copy for ads, designing high-end web pages to graphic design,you will experience it all.
NESCom® will give you the training and confidence to market yourself as a public relations director, media planner, consultant, or publications manager. Students in this concentration can also join the Maine Public Relations Council.
This concentration is built upon the philosophy that "the more an employee can do for a company in getting the message out the way the company wants it presented means the less the company has to hire out." You will leave NESCom® with the skills to do just that, allowing you to be versatile.