- Wondering where you'll get stock photos for your blog after you graduate? Never fear-- Getty is offering 13 million images for noncommercial use.
Now Anyone Can Use Getty Stock Photos for Free
Any blog too tiny for a photo budget no longer need fret. Getty, the world's largest photo provider, is letting people embed its stock images for free.
- If you are looking for a job or internship plan to attend the Hospitality, Sport and Tourism Management Career Fair on March 25 from 11am-3pm in the Center for Family Business.
- Should Dove run this billboard or is it just piling on?
Dove Tells Women to Love Their Armpits
Dove is promoting a new line of deodorant with a campaign that tries to beautify an unlovely part of the body — and also pokes fun at New Jersey.
- Have you gotten your tickets for the AS4MS show yet?
WHSN's 11th annual AS4MS (the Acoustic Showcase to Benefit the @[390667451084:274:National MS Society, Greater New England Chapter]). 4/4/14 at the @[249759131709324:274:Gracie Theatre].
Featuring performances by @[114044338641999:274:AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER], @[246803778692891:274:The Ghost of Paul Revere], @[133659893356695:274:James Gilmore] & @[179987008752088:274:One Shot Nothing].
Tickets $10 on sale now at www.whsn-fm.com/as4ms, at all @[51084740130:274:Bull Moose] locations and available at the door! 100% of the proceeds go directly to the NMSS Greater New England Chapter. — with AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER and 2 others.
A NESCom media design student created this Paul Reiser poster for the @[249759131709324:274:Gracie Theatre]! I think she did a great job. Thanks NESCom!
Samsung sponsored the Oscars, but the real winner was…Apple
The star-filled selfie that host Ellen DeGeneres snapped in the audience was taken on a Samsung phone, but she used her beloved iPhone to take photos backstage.
- There are a couple events this Thursday that you might be interested in. There is a Social Media Breakfast Bangor 7:30 am at the CFB featuring Ethan Austin Marketing Director at Sugarloaf discussing the use of Instragram. Also Pulse Marketing Agency will be presenting the evolution of Social Media at 10 am at Machias Savings Bank as part of a Greater Bangor Chamber of Commerce series. And lastly, the Society of Professional Journalists is hosting Steve Vachon who will talk about his career as a video journalists for WLBZ 2 at 6:30 in rm. 205 in the Wildey Communications Center. And of course there's the PRSSA Husson/Nescom meeting at 3 in the Campus Center!
- Be the first to see it-May 4 at 5pm.
The Tale of the Three Brothers - NESCom
Hello everyone! The first news of the first screening of The Tale of the Three Brothers is here! Be at the Gracie Theatre on Husson University's campus: Sunday, May 4th, 2014 at 5PM!!
- An update on how Social Media is evolving is being offered by Pulse Marketing Agency and Rudman Winchell next Thursday March 6.
Bangor Region Chamber of Commerce
The Bangor Region Chamber of Commerce represents 21 Maine communities, serving as the voice and advocate for their businesses and working to create a vital and healthy business environment.
Marketing Communication is the coordination of companies' communication and marketing programs to create a consistent image and position in the marketplace. The program teaches students countless ways to communicate with multiple and diverse audiences.
This interdisciplinary program includes courses in marketing, advertising, public relations, graphic design, social media, and market research. Elective courses consist of video production, web design, digital photography, search engine optimization and business. Practical preparation allows students to work with actual clients to develop promotional campaigns, logos, posters, and advertisements to promote goods and services. Students can join Public Relations Student Society of America a national organization that offers conferences, internships, and jobs.
Students complete the program with a customized toolbox of communication skills and a professional portfolio that will allow them to pursue careers as advertising account managers, digital media strategists, engagement coordinators, public relations specialists, marketing associates, and social media directors.
Graduates have found that the diversity of the program has allowed them to be more marketable. They are able to open their own agency, be a one-person operation in a small business, or a specialist in a large company with the versatility to pitch in other areas when needed.