- #tbt NESB newsletter congratulating the class of 1993.
- Some future students joining in on the NESCom fun on Take Your Child To Work Day.
- Please note that tomorrow's presentation by Bob Ludwig of Gateway Mastering has been moved to the Gracie Theatre.
- WE HAVE OUR 10 WINNERS FOR TODAY!
Today's Spring Cleaning T-Shirt Trivia Question:
On which Downtown Bangor street did the New England School of Broadcasting FIRST open up shop?
The first 10 correct answers get a "vintage" NESCom T-Shirt!
- This Friday afternoon we welcome alumnus Aron Gaudent and Gita Pullapilly to Kominsky Auditorium for a free Filmmaking Workshop.
- Tonight, 9PM in the Furman Center at Husson University, SNL cast member Brooks Wheelan. FREE!
Update:Seth and Brooks Wheelan | Saturday Night Live - Yahoo Screen
Seth welcomes Brooks Wheelan, who discusses his various tattoos.
- The Tale of the Three Brothers trailer has passed 75K views!
The Tale of the Three Brothers - OFFICIAL TRAILER
Official trailer for the Tale of the Three Brothers, a short film by the New England School of Communications. Produced by permission from Warner Bros, the f...
- Spring cleaning time!
Let's do some NESCom trivia! The first 10 correct answers will get a T-Shirt from our collection of past NESCom apparel.
Today's question: How many acres is Husson University's Bangor campus?
Correct Answer: 208 acres! Originally 200 acres, Husson added acres when it acquired the President's House and the Quirk House.
To our winners, you may pick up your T-Shirts at the NESCom business office (2nd floor of the Wildey Communication Center or we can mail you shirt.
From sports nut to Sports Journalist
You grew up glued to ESPN. You know your favorite team’s stats like the back of your hand. And you can easily reel off a list of your all time favorite play calls. Can you turn this personal love of the game into a professional career? You can as a sports journalist.
Truthfully, it’s a competitive field. And unless you’re a Joe Buck, don’t expect inside access overnight (it helps when your dad was a famous announcer first.) But competition is one of the most exciting aspects of sports, isn’t it? And when you study Sports Journalism at the NESCom, you gain a solid grounding in the competitive skills you need to become a capable Sports Journalist. You’ll also get real hands-on experience, including:
- Play-by-play with color, sports reporting, writing for print, radio, TV and web.
- Video Production skills
- Anchoring skills
NESCOM offers a very extensive sports program and that means you’ll begin acquiring skills in this profession your very first semester. Check out our highlight reel at nescom.tv by clicking on student showcase.