- Students of Hermon High School joined NESCom in WCC102 today to participate in the the global "Hour of Code" event. During the same hour, Hermon Middle School students worked in PBY220 with Husson University faculty. Over 7 million students worldwide have participated so far this week.
Hermon and NESCom students participate in ‘Hour of Code’
BANGOR, Maine – Students from Hermon High School and Middle School will be visiting the campus of Husson University at 11:30 a.m. on Dec. 11, to participate in the “Hour of Code.” The event, organized by Code.org and supported by Apple, Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Boys & Girls Clubs of America, as w...
- Students of NESCom Marketing Communications making their Marketing Campaigns class final presentations.
Duska and Coby in the Marketing Communications Campaigns class make a presentation to their client @[498239950214661:274:The King's Daughters Home] today. Their plan included radio PSAs, a poster, a social media editorial calendar, distribution of brochures and TV PSAs made in partnership with the @[228163777239721:274:NESCom Video Production] Video II class. — with Coby Wan-Kenoby and Duska Grass.
- More news for Beneath The Harvest Sky. The US rights to the film co-directed by alum Aron Gaudet have been acquired by Tribeca Films.
Tribeca Films Acquires 'Beneath the Harvest Sky' (EXCLUSIVE)
Tribeca Films has acquired U.S. rights to coming-of-age drama "Beneath the Harvest Sky," starring Callan Mcauliffe (“The Great Gatsby”) and Emory Cohen. Produced by Sunny Side Up Films, “Beneath th...
- The NESCom Mobile Productions unit rolled out to cover the Husson University Eagles taking on the Maine Maritime Mariners.
NESCom Mobile Productions: Husson Vs Maine Maritime
The NESCom Mobile Productions unit rolled out to cover the @[123365091054066:274:Husson University] Eagles taking on the Maine Maritime Mariners.
- Tonight from 5:30 to 7:30, all NESCom and Husson Students are invited to Just Desserts in the Campus Center. Presented by President Robert Clark and the Student Life office, Just Desserts is a chance for students to enjoy holiday cheer and yummy desserts.
- Another interesting class exercise from NESCom Entertainment Production
For Brave Williams Event Design class, students were tasked with creating a tableau for a play or event. They could only use props, equipment and scenic items that were available in the @[249759131709324:274:Gracie Theatre], and had only three hours to set up the scene and take it down. They chose to do Our Town. The project may appear simple and easy but there proved to be some interesting design challenges. Great job, it looks super!
- Students: Don't shoot the messenger but if you are registered for Spring 2014 classes your bill should be arriving in your mailbox shortly.
If you don't receive it by mid next week, please contact the Financial Aid office.
- Starting tonight at the Gracie Theatre, Husson University Theatre presents The Lion In Winter. Catch a performance tonight, tomorrow and a matinee on Sunday!
Lion In Winter
Husson University Theater's wonderful production of "Lion in Winter" opens Friday December 6th 2013 in the Gracie Theatre. The production has been supported by Husson University, and produced by students from Husson, NESCOM, and The NESCom Entertainment Production program. See attached poster for show details.
From sports nut to Sports Journalist
You grew up glued to ESPN. You know your favorite team’s stats like the back of your hand. And you can easily reel off a list of your all time favorite play calls. Can you turn this personal love of the game into a professional career? You can as a sports journalist.
Truthfully, it’s a competitive field. And unless you’re a Joe Buck, don’t expect inside access overnight (it helps when your dad was a famous announcer first.) But competition is one of the most exciting aspects of sports, isn’t it? And when you study Sports Journalism at the NESCom, you gain a solid grounding in the competitive skills you need to become a capable Sports Journalist. You’ll also get real hands-on experience, including:
- Play-by-play with color, sports reporting, writing for print, radio, TV and web.
- Video Production skills
- Anchoring skills
NESCOM offers a very extensive sports program and that means you’ll begin acquiring skills in this profession your very first semester. Check out our highlight reel at nescom.tv by clicking on student showcase.