- Two different views of the LA Marathon: '99 alumna Liz Covert ran as part of a relay team for Team Kitten Rescue and her husband Todd ran the full marathon. Meanwhile '01 alumnus Stephon Litwinczuk shot the marathon as part of his work with the American Indian Community Council.
- Students: Are you from NH and studying Video Production or Radio Broadcasting? You should look into the scholarship offered by the New Hampshire Association of Broadcasters.
New Hampshire Association of Broadcasters -- job bank, history, post your resume, station news
Applications are now available for the 2014-2015 NHAB Student Broadcaster Scholarship Program. To be eligible, students must be permanent residents of New Hampshire, and in the process of enrolling, or are currently enrolled, as a full-time student at an accredited institution of higher learning wit...
Maine school of communications raises profile in recording artistry | The Portland Press Herald...
Expertise and cutting-edge technology draw award-winning writers of songs and stories to Bangor for audio or visual treatment of their work.
- Watch the trailer for Beneath The Harvest Sky, the new movie from alum Aron Gaudet and Gita Pullapilly.
Beneath the Harvest Sky - Movie Trailers - iTunes
Casper (Emory Cohen – THE PLACE BEYOND THE PINES) and Dominic (Callan McAuliffe – THE GREAT GATSBY) have been fiercely loyal friends since childhood. Desperate for a way out of their quiet town on the Maine-Canada border, the boys make a pact to pool their earnings on a car and hit the road. But whe...
- More helpful tips from SALT.
SALT: TALKING TO ROOMMATES ABOUT MONEY
Talking about financial issues with a roommate can be tricky, but if you communicate openly and politely about bills, rent, and other money-related concerns, you'll set your entire house up for success.
NESCOM Students Produce Film Based on Popular Book Series
NESCOM Students Produce Film Based on Popular Book Series - Local News BANGOR - It's based off of a book and these students are spending time outside of the classroom to put it all together.
- Heads up on the next NESCom SPJ meeting
The next meeting of the NESCom chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists will be Thursday, March 6th at 6:30PM in WCC205.
- After shooting wraps, the work continues through spring 2014 in the NESCom short film adaptation of the Tale of the Three Brothers, written by J.K. Rowling as Beedle The Bard. For full details on the dil,. visit www.nescom.edu/threebrothers
The Tale of the Three Brothers: Post Production
After shooting wraps, the work continues through spring 2014 in the NESCom short film adaptation of the Tale of the Three Brothers, written by J.K. Rowling as Beedle The Bard. For full details on the dil,. visit www.nescom.edu/threebrothers
- Assistant Professor Scott Loiselle of NESCom Audio Engineering will hold a free clinic on Electronic Music on Wednesday at 6PM in the NESCom Audio Studio. The clinic is free and open to ALL students who are interested.
NESCom Blog: Scott Loiselle To Host Free Electronic Music Clinic
Audio Engineering Assistant Professor Scott Loiselle will host an Electronic Music Clinic for students on Wednesday, February 26th in the NESCom Audio Studio at 6PM. The clinic is free and open to all students.
From sports nut to Sports Journalist
You grew up glued to ESPN. You know your favorite team’s stats like the back of your hand. And you can easily reel off a list of your all time favorite play calls. Can you turn this personal love of the game into a professional career? You can as a sports journalist.
Truthfully, it’s a competitive field. And unless you’re a Joe Buck, don’t expect inside access overnight (it helps when your dad was a famous announcer first.) But competition is one of the most exciting aspects of sports, isn’t it? And when you study Sports Journalism at the NESCom, you gain a solid grounding in the competitive skills you need to become a capable Sports Journalist. You’ll also get real hands-on experience, including:
- Play-by-play with color, sports reporting, writing for print, radio, TV and web.
- Video Production skills
- Anchoring skills
NESCOM offers a very extensive sports program and that means you’ll begin acquiring skills in this profession your very first semester. Check out our highlight reel at nescom.tv by clicking on student showcase.