- Make sure you make plans to attend our screening of Mayan Blue at the Gracie Theatre on February 20th. A discussion with Director of Photography Todd Eastman will follow the film.
- In the words of Princess Anna of Arendelle, do you want to build a snowman?
- A cold start to the morning but the crew of the Tale of the Three Brothers is heading out for shoot #3!
- Students are working with the RED Epic on the 2nd shoot of the Tale of the Three Brothers today.
- Video students go to great length (and heights) to get the best shots.
Training on the RED EPIC Mysterium-X
- Exciting news for students interest in digital filmmaking and cinematography!
NESCom Blog: Something EPIC this way comes
Over the past 2 years, the Video Production department at the New England School of Communications has developed digital filmmaking courses to meet the needs of both the industry and the interest of the students. With the addition of a new RED Epic Mysterium, these courses are set to take their prod...
NESCom Blog: Video Production Student Wins PORTopera Film Fest 2013
Ellis Ducharme, a junior studying Video Production at the New England School of Communications won 1st place in the PORTopera Film Fest 2013 “The Bohčme Inspiration”. The contest, utilizing the written word, music and video was based around taking inspiration from the classic opera La Bohčme which r...
NEW ENGLAND SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATIONS ADAPTs THE TALE OF THE THREE BROTHERS INTO SHORT FILM
With permission from Warner Brothers to adapt the work of J.K. Rowling
The Story, â€śThe Tale of Three Brothersâ€ť was featured in the 7th and final Potter novel (The Deathly Hallows), and was later released in a series of short stories titled, â€śThe Tales of Beedle the Bardâ€ť. The project will be filmed in various Maine locations this fall, and ultimately entered into film festivals around the country.
The faculty and students involved in this project are very eager to get started, and look forward to producing a new and exciting vision of the work that JK Rowling created. The very short story has already been turned into a shooting script by two of the students (Sydney Hazzard and Brandon Doyen, who will also direct the project) and the crew is being assembled as the new school year begins.
For more information on the production of The Tale Of The Three Brothers, email email@example.com